NZQA Student Hub - NCEA and NZ Scholarship student hub. Here you will find helpful information as you access your results or simply seek further information.
StudyIt - The StudyIt website is a great resource to assist students with NCEA. This website provides an open forum for questions and answers, discussion and help.Studyit is a web site run by the Ministry of Education. StudyIt does not replace teachers, schools or textbooks but provides free additional support online for Mathematics, Science and English NCEA students at night, in the weekends and in the holidays it also provides examination advice.
Should you wish to contact one of our Careers team:
The following are some websites that assist with career decision-making, tertiary information, financial help, job seeking, gap year opportunities & in-school opportunities.
Career Exploration Tools
- https://www.careers.govt.nz - the NZ Government careers site
- https://careercentral.school.nz - use student login to access, then click on ‘bulls-eye’ to complete a vocational interest quiz or look up job profiles
- https://mymahi.com - login using your school login. You can also study for your road code here under ‘Drive’
- Education NZ Vocational Pathways - check out the six vocational pathways
Help writing your CV or cover letter– try using a CV builder, found on:
Where to look for jobs
- https://www.sjs.co.nz/student-jobs-in-hawkesbay-region-hastings (can use once signed up for tertiary study)
- Through our school advertising of jobs in the notices and careers centre
- Looking on companies/organisations’ websites under Jobs or Careers
- Approaching directly or emailing
Where to access funds/support for your future
- https://sorted.org.nz - a budgeting tool
- https://www.studylink.govt.nz - site for student loans & allowances
- https://generosity.org.nz/giv-me - another scholarship database – you need to access this one at the local library
- See university websites and some larger organisations for scholarships
Check out these links for Gap Year options
- https://www.letzlive.org - Be a tutor abroad
- https://lattitudecanada.org - a volunteer overseas experience
- https://iep.com.au - working holidays
- https://www.sts-education.com/en-nz - exchanges
- https://www.afs.org.nz - exchange
- https://www.youreducation.co.nz - exchange
- https://campamerica.co.nz - summer holiday helpers in USA
- https://www.volunteeringnz.org.nz - do some volunteering
This is a work experience opportunity available to Year 12 & 13 students who are interested in a vocational pathway. Eg. automotive, building, electrical & plumbing, retail, hospitality, and early childhood placements. It involves spending one day per week for a period of 8 weeks, in a work placement environment. This occurs alongside your school programme and you will complete extra unit standards for this.
For initial enquiries, please contact Mrs Grapes on [email protected] or visit the careers centre.
The following agencies and courses are stepping stones to assist students become work ready
- https://www.connected.govt.nz - Connected
- https://workforce.ac.nz - Workforce Developments
- https://buildingfutures.co.nz - Building Futures
- https://thedevelopmenthub.nz - The Development Hub
- https://www.hastingsdc.govt.nz/hastings/youth-services/youth-employment - Mahi for Youth
If any of the above interest you or you want to find out more, please see Mrs Grapes in the careers centre.
https://www.nomajordrama.co.nz - get help with choosing what to study at university
There are 8 universities in NZ. Auckland University is ranked number 1, but they all have world class reputations. The following are their websites for future students, where you can access a lot of relevant information.